The Woman Who Bore Me

Now this journey to motherhood started not from me, but from the mother who bore me

My mom who gave me life and taught me all I know about motherhood

She taught me that even though the journey is not always easy, you never give up on your child or yourself 

She taught me about hard work and dedication and to always put God first in all things

She taught me about forgiveness and the willingness to do so and gently guide one back towards the right path


She taught me about love, laughter, kindness, generosity to oneself, your loved ones and humankind through humanitarian endeavors

She taught me that I could reach beyond the skies and that the world could be my oyster if I opened my mind, heart and soul to hard work, diligence, determination and to never give up in the face of trials and tribulations

She taught me that the journey through life is not always journeyed alone but together with family, educators, mentors, friends

That the journey of life could truly be a successful, one if you remained determined and committed


She taught me that in times of need or desperation that it's okay to take a step back, pray, meditate, and pen your thoughts as a form of catharsis.

She taught me to develop my God-given skills and talents in the form of writing, poetry, playing the piano, cooking

She taught me the courage to pursue other skills such as painting, drawing, swimming, skating, and so many others


She taught me to have courage in the face of adversity

She taught me to believe in myself despite self-doubt 

To never permit anyone to make me feel less than my phenomenal self

She taught me resilience when it feels like the world is crashing down on you 

To stand strong and prosper even in the face of the impossible


She taught me to learn patience, (I'm still struggling with this one🤣🤣🤣) and to have compassion for others in their journey too

She, the woman who bore me, Prof. Rose Mezu is my phenomenal woman  

I love her beyond words


Happy Mother’s Day to my mom, family and all the lovely women out there 

You are loved, and you matter and are good enough 


Ogechi Vivian Mezu B.S, PharmD.  May 10, 2020


Comments