Love Unseen: Never Broken

As deep as the bottomless depths of the ocean so is my craving.

A love so deep it defies boundaries

A love so deep my soul weeps

My heart leaps with joy at the essence of you

To feel your acceptance

To belong and feel wanted.

 

My emptiness knows no bounds

To crave a love that seems to allude me

Always around the corner but slips away just because

My soul lacks the strength to accept your love

It feels better to sabotage it just so I can drown in the safety of my loneliness

 

Do you see yourself, my love

Do you see the ugliness in your being

Do you see them turn away from your presence

Do you not see that you are never enough

Do you! Do you!

 

Your dreams are melting pots of uncertainty

Your hopes are lightning bolts that strike to no end

Your fears are roars of thunder that lay ever-present in your being

Your being filled with uncertainty and self-doubt

Ever so hopeful but crushed just as it erupts never seen to fruition

 

The quest of love unseen like waterfalls in White Falls

A vertical drop of love unseen brought forth by the winds of hope

Dare I feel the glistening splash of hope across my soul

Dare I feel the kiss of sunshine light up my dreams

Dare I! Dare I!

 

To know me is to love you

My love that gives like endless drops in a stream

Sometimes, the need, the want, the hope, the longing of acceptance need not come from you.

I search for my peace, I seek my acceptance to know that my love is enough

That my smile is enough, that my dreams and hopes though filled with uncertainty are enough, withstanding the boulders of life lived and tall walls of obstacles.

Through the strength of time and swift winds of courage that I am enough though not for you but for me, I am.

 

Ogechi Vivian Mezu B.S, PharmD. May 26, 2020

Comments