Why I voted.


I actually dropped off my ballot in a ballot box on thursday October 8th. My ballot was received and accepted.
Now I have a voice.
Now I can make our elected leaders accountable for their actions that affect my community.

I voted because I care.
I voted because I love you, my family and my country.
I voted because I respect the fighters before me who fought for our civil rights to vote and who have now passed on.
I voted because I have a son, brothers, nephews, father, cousins, friends and uncles who I care deeply for.
I voted because I care about criminal justice reform.
I voted because I want my voice to be heard.
I voted because I care about abortion rights. I voted because I care about the economy.
I voted for clean water. I voted because of the climate and it's effects for my son's generation and future grandkids is important to me.
I voted because of the racial inequalities and disparities to healthcare, voting rights, police brutality, education, income and employment gap are important to me.
I voted because I love my freedom and want to maintain it.
I voted for several other reasons too long to list but whatever your belief or cause is #Justvote.
Vote because you are capable of caring and because you want change.
Vote for yourself and your children.
Whatever the reason. Just Voteđź’• - Dr. Oge Mezu. November 1st, 2020.

Comments