I Am With You: Do Not Be Afraid

I am with you so do not be afraid.
Heads bowed; standing together in prayer
Where two or more are gathered in my name, you say.

The writing is soft
And engraved with gentle strokes
The markings go on the door frame 

Protection for all that reside in this abode
With an eager heart 
With a deep longing for your presence

Hearts pounding
Stomach fluttering
Feet shaking; Knees weak 

The words slowly and softly escape the lips
In anticipation for your divine presence
The calm before the storm

With renewed confidence
The smile and eagerness resumed
In anticipation for your presence 

The faith is surmountable
The doubt coated in fear 
Is but only a mustard seed 

Seeking not to grow but only to be calmed
The seeds of faith take root in thy soul
Seeking to flourish and fester with your mist

A promise made yet to be fulfilled
To place the knees down on a kneeler
A kneeler yet to be obtained

For promises of yesterday
Today are yet to be fulfilled 
In your midst, I ramble in fear, solace I seek

Out of fear and in adoration 
I stand in awe with head bowed 
I dare not glance up, till thy promises be fulfilled 

The voices I hear only in silence
In thy soul, in thy mind, 
My wondering thoughts, you hush

Would you quiet thy mind so thy soul may be quieted 
Would you hush your fears and lean in thy promises 
Would you read my book and see thy promises to my children

Fear not, my child for my arms and my presence engulf thee
Do not be afraid as my words feed thy soul the food and bread of life
Fear not my child. I am with thee.
 
Copyright Ogechi Mezu PharmD.  Saturday, March 21, 2020.  9:20 AM

Comments